Monday, January 6, 2014

It's What Time?

January 6, 2014

Much as I loved having two weeks off, today I had to say goodbye to late, late nights and lazy mornings once again.  We eased into it a bit, since the students didn't have to come back to school.  They got one more day to sleep in while we settled into a long day of inservice/curriculum development.  Honestly, it wasn't a bad day, since I miss my work friends over vacations, but it didn't start off particularly well.  Despite the fact that I was very, very careful to make sure I re-set my alarms so that I would wake up in the morning, inexplicably I did not take the same meticulous care in making sure my phone was plugged in to recharge itself over night.  In case you were wondering whether or not a phone whose battery has died will still emit a gentle wake-up call in the early morning, I have solved that mystery for you.  No.  The answer is no, it will not.  Amazingly, my husband has an internal clock which wakes him up without electronics, and about 40 minutes after my alarm should have awakened me, he tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Hey Babe?  What time did you set your alarm for?"  For two seconds I was back in yesterday-world where there was no possible reason for me to be awake at 6:40, and then I bolted out of bed like there were wolves chasing after me.  Not a pleasant start.  But thank goodness that my husband's internal clock hasn't synced with mine, which thinks I should go to bed at 4 a.m. and roll back out of bed somewhere in the neighborhood of 10.  -Ish.

I still got to work on time.  Ah, back to my home-away-from-home.  And tomorrow, the kiddos come back, and we get back to the business of learning.  I just hope my alarm goes off in the morning.



1 comment:

  1. One of the best classrooms I was in at BHS. One of my favorite teachers!

    ReplyDelete